Monday, June 12, 2017

Oxide Inks...Again

Here's another card from our shoe box event.  With this oxide ink technique, I "squished" (technical term;) worn lipstick, spiced marmalade and fired brick onto a craft mat and spritzed with water and dipped water color paper through the inks.  I repeated this process another time to achieve the coverage below.


I then took a Crafters Workshop stencil and stenciled gold Nuvo Mousse onto the inked water color paper.  The butterfly is a die from Tim Holtz (Sizzix) along with the new gold foil paper also from TH.  I layered this onto a peach card base.  

I kept both of my cards more on the easy side because we had inexperienced stampers at the shoe box event but I wanted to use the new oxide inks along with a couple of different techniques.  I love the properties of these new inks!  Supposedly new colors to be released later this year???

No comments:

Post a Comment