Monday, February 19, 2018

Birthday for a Friend

I created this card for my friend Pat's Valentine's birthday!  I will also be sharing this over at Simon Says Monday challenge - Grunge it Up!


Pat and I Gelli printed together recently and I created this background.  I layered the print onto a black card base after grunging up the sides.  I stitched the cloth panel and adhered to the print.  I colored one of Tim Holtz's paper dolls with Distress markers and adhered to the card.

The heart was a piece I recently created in a class I taught at the The Paper Boutique in Springfield, Il.  The technique is from Stampendous using chipboard pieces, UTEE, and various colors of enamels from Stampendous.  The heart was stamped with a flourish image while still very warm and then adhered to the cloth panel.

Hope you had an awesome birthday, Pat!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jane! The heart you made looks awesome, and definitely takes pride of place on the card! Thanks for getting grungy with us this week at our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete