Monday, March 31, 2014

Karen's Birthday

A very happy birthday to friend, Karen!  Today is a milestone birthday for her but won't say which one:)  May you have many more!

 

She loves feathers as I do, too.  Not sure what company these dies are from since I'm traveling and don't have the info in front of me!  The set also comes with a headband so you could create a feathered head dressing.  I cut the feathers from dupo paper which I purchased from Dick Blick.  I placed several drops of blue/green colored alcohol inks on a craft sheet and spritzed with alcohol blender solution then dipped the feather dies and let the solution move around until I was pleased with the look.  Let these dry completely.  Then I dipped the ends of the feathers in Versamark ink and embossed with gold embossing powder.

I took an art class using dupo paper and alcohol inks last fall and loved the things I learned!  Finally putting my new knowledge to use on paper.  Hope it's a beautiful spring day where you are!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! Sure am glad I am the lucky friend who received this gorgeous card!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete